Who we Are
Ewell W. Finley, P.C., (EWF) is one of the oldest Minority owned consulting engineering firm in the country. Providing a range of services that include planning, design, engineering, construction management/inspection, project control solutions and surveying services, EWF has been successfully serving our clients in both public and private sectors for the past 40 years.
EWF is actively involved in multitude of markets throughout the New York City Metro area, including, Site/Civil/Structural Engineering Design, Land Surveying, Mapping and Scanning Technology, Construction Management and Inspection, Highway and Transportation Design, Bridge Engineering and Inspection, Facility Management, Project Control Solutions (Scheduling, Estimating, etc.).
EWF understands the complexity and dynamics of the modern projects and also the importance of bringing the projects to completion on-time and on-budget. Thus, EWF integrates its technical expertise with its experience to accurately determine the needs of each client and identify innovative, economically responsible, environmental sustainable solutions. To support our goals, we employ a multi-disciplined group of professionals experienced in developing and implementing practical solutions to our clients engineering problems. EWF is also unionized by the International Union of Operating Engineers, Local 15D and Local 825.
EWF is committed to keeping alive the legacy of the founders and capitalizing on the firm's rich history with new dynamics, vision, goals and objectives in order to bring the firm to the next level towards a Green Future.
EWF is certified by the following agencies:
- Port Authority of New York & New Jersey (PANYNJ) MBE, DBE and SBE firm.
- Dormitory Authority of the State of New York (DASNY) MBE firm.
- New York State Department of Transportation (DOT) DBE firm.
- New York City Department of Small Business Services (SBS) MBE firm.
- NYC School Construction Authority (SCA) MBE firm.
- NYC (SCA) prequalified to perform Structural/Civil Engineering and Land Surveying Services.
Why is EWF Different?
At Ewell W. Finley, P.C. (EWF), we believe our ability, commitment, diversity, enthusiasm, excellence, innovation, initiative and teamwork are the factors that define and reflect the core values of EWF in terms of the firm and its employees.
We stand for these core values regardless of changes in our internal structure and external factors. The firm's strategy to grow and succeed are formulated by the executives and accomplished by our professional staff and skilled employees. Throughout our firm's history we have successfully served various clients and met their needs by exploring innovative ideas and providing better solutions. We aim to become a leader in providing Engineering and Architectural Coordinated Design, Construction Management and Land Surveying Services.
At EWF, we are committed to:
- Providing our clients with high quality deliverables
- Creating solutions to overcome the most complex and dynamic requirements of the modern day projects
- Determining the most feasible and environmentally friendly design criteria to be implemented in our projects
- Performing our services with acute vision, creative innovation and excellent quality control
- Empowering our professional workforce with state-of-the-art technological and technical resources to fulfill the needs of our clients within strict budget and schedule constraints
- Encouraging our employees for their ongoing professional development as well as creating a safe, challenging and rewarding work environment
- We are motivated by our privilege to satisfy our clients by providing quality solutions.
Our philosophy is to maintain close client contact, adhere to the project budget and develop innovative and functional designs coordinated with our architects or with other firms, which are suitable to the client's specific requirements. Each project is approached in a unique yet systematic way regardless of size, scope and complexity.
We are actively involved in a multitude of markets throughout the New York City and Albany Metro area. Our professional staff has extensive experience and knowledge in working on local projects. We are familiar with Local Laws, Requirements, Code Compliance and Industrial Standards to facilitate and complete the projects on time and within budget.